Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wacka Flacka Flame...Go Hard In The Paint!!

The next song I would like to discuss is Wacka Flacka Flame's Go Hard In The Paint from his latest album Flockaveli.

I can't really understand why this song gets so much radio play, besides the fact that the beat sounds good to some people, including myself.

I am not hating on Wacka, but I am hating on the people that call into the radio stations requesting songs like this.

I truly believe that this song is a prime example of why a lot of people (white & black & everything in between) choose to not listen to rap. This song is super violent, and it has no positive message to send to its listeners."When my little brother died I said f*** school..." I can't believe radio stations are okay with these type of lyrics being played on their stations, as I'm sure it causes a lot of people to turn to a different station.

I am a huge fan of hip hop, but I feel that if people continue to promote songs like this then hip hop will eventually die because there is no thought involved. I like hearing songs that have meaningful lyrics, or at least lyrics that are more complex than "I go hard in the paint," and "I picked the burna up & some marijuana."

Please people, let me know what you think...Peace & Happy New Year!!

Don't forget to check out my website Quote Mart....I still need to make sure everything on the site is working properly, so if you can help that'd be really really cool. The link's are at the top and bottom of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment